Monthly Archives: October 2016
We are looking for an ambitious Cook to assist in the preparation of from scratch dishes in our kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great chef will be quick and diligent and willing to go the extra mile. You will need to be very knowledgeable about a kitchen and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules of the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Follow the prep list created by management to plan duties
• Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
• Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
• Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
• Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
• Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
• Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
• Proven experience as prep cook
• Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
• Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
• A team player with good communication skills
• Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
• High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
Please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org